Job Opportunities at Zhejiang Conservatory of Music (ZJCM)（常年招聘优秀外籍教师）
Zhejiang Conservatory of Music (ZJCM) is a publicly-funded institution approved by the Ministry of Education of China, and it is located in the south-west of Hangzhou, the capital city of Zhejiang Province in east China within close reach of two World Cultural Heritage sites: the West Lake and the Grand Canal.
The conservatory offers comprehensive learning options for music talents. Programmes range widely from composition, conducting, vocal, piano, Western orchestral instruments, to music technology, drama studies, and dance performance. ZJCM houses 12 academic departments and 4 professional performing ensembles and troupes. Its 100-acre picturesque campus is now accommodating 2467 students, including 210 post-graduate students.
ZJCM is committed to artistic excellence as a premier music education institution. A strong faculty of 460 led by a group of professors and performing artists is always ready to help students achieve their fullest potential. ZJCM is also equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including 9 concert halls, 102 rehearsal halls, 842 practice rooms and 7 top-notch recording studios.
ZJCM strives to engage with the global community and build a strong bond with conservatories, arts organizations, institutions and businesses across the world. It has established close ties with prestigious art institutions worldwide such as Mozarteum University Salzburg, Royal Northern College of Music, Royal Academy of Music, and the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Belarusian State Academy of Music, and Ukrainian National Tchaikovsky Academy of Music. In 2017, together with the 15 renowned music academies from the central and eastern European countries (CEEC), ZJCM initiated and officially founded the China-CEEC Music Academies Union.
We invite applicants from all over the world for a full-time position at ZJCM.
l Composition faculty
l Piano faculty
l Piano accompanist faculty,
l Vocal faculty
l Strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion faculty
l Pop singing, pop instruments faculty
l Electronic-acoustic music faculty
l Dance faculty
· A minimum of Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in related field.
· Fluency in English or Chinese.
· Artistic or academic level of highest international caliber.
· Excellent teaching skills. Ability to communicate musical ideas through demonstration and verbal explanations.
· Collegiate teaching experiences or performance experiences in professional western orchestras or chamber ensembles are preferred.
· Entrepreneurial minded and comfortable with the uncertainties associated with a new venture.
· Aged 60 or below.
All the tasks will be determined through discussion prior to signing the contract.
Salary and Benefits
· Competitive full-time salary
· Free housing on campus (with necessary utilities)
· Annual international flights back home
· Medical insurance
· Paid annual leave (summer and winter vacation and other national vacations of China)
· Hangzhou, China
Qualified candidates should submit:
· A cover letter describing why you are interested in living and working in China and how you can contribute to Zhejiang Conservatory of Music
· Two references (names and contact information)
· Published works, video link(s) of most recent performances (optional)
· Candidates who are chosen for on-site interview will be provided with international flight ticket to and from Hangzhou, accommodation and local transportation.